Looking to play some garden tennis? Here are a few things you should know before heading out onto the court!
The game of garden tennis is played with two or four players and is similar to regular tennis, except that it is played on a smaller court without a net.
The main difference between garden tennis and regular tennis is the size of the court. Garden tennis courts are typically much smaller than regular tennis courts and sometimes lack a net. This makes the game more fast-paced and exciting, as players have to be constantly on the move.
Another difference is that garden tennis is played with softer balls, which makes it easier for beginners to play. Garden tennis is a great way to get involved in the sport of tennis and have fun at the same time!
So what equipment do you need to play garden tennis?
Not much! All you need is a racket and some soft balls.
You could also use a tennis net, but it is not necessary.
If you don’t have a racket, don’t worry – any type of racquet will do, as long as it’s the right size for you. And if you can’t find any soft balls, regular tennis balls will work just fine.
Now that you know the basics, here’s how to play garden tennis!
First, choose whether you want to play with two or four players. If you are playing with four players, you will need to divide into two teams of two.
Next, decide who will serve first. The player who serves will stand behind the baseline and hit the ball over the net into the other player’s court. The receiver will then hit the ball back using their tennis racket to the other player.
This continues until one player makes a mistake, such as hitting the ball out of bounds or into the net. When this happens, the other player gets a point. The first player to reach 11 points wins the game!
If you’re playing with four players, it works similarly except that each team has its own court and one player from each team hits the ball back and forth. The first team to reach 11 points wins!
Now here are some helpful tips to improve your garden tennis.
Here are a few tips to help you improve your game:
- Practice your swings in slow motion before trying them out on the court. This will help you get a feel for the racket and how to hit the ball.
- Start by playing against a wall, rather than over a tennis net. This will help you get used to the game and improve your skills before playing against another person.
- When serving, aim for the corners of the court. This will make it harder for your opponent to return the ball.
- Keep moving! Garden tennis is a fast-paced game, so you need to be quick on your feet.
- Have fun! Garden tennis is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and spend time with friends or family. So relax and have fun!
There you have it, a basic guide to garden tennis! Now get out there and start playing!